Decision Day
For one of the exams in media studies, students must create either a opening movie scene or a magazine cover page. This past week, our class was introduced to the software we would be using for both of these. We interacted with the software and were tasked with choosing one of these for our final exam- either the magazine cover or the opening movie scene.
Last week our class worked on getting introduced to Premier and InDesign Pro software and it was surprisingly difficult to get the hang of at first. I had a spoil of problems with my Premiere Pro software and it would not let me edit my video in the application but I still want to try and use it because it looks like a ton of fun, and I would love to try and create my own movie intro with it. Being able to interact with, direct, film, and edit my intro would be a very good decision for me because I have a strong interest in film making. The InDesign software was also pretty cool. This one actually worked for me and I was able to use it in class on Thursday and Friday. After getting the hang of it, I decided that I wanted to do the magazine cover for the portfolio project. The Article Our Place in the Universe: The Importance of Storytelling in the Classroom talks about how important it is to tell stories in the classroom, and when making a movie's opening scene I would be able to create the start of a story; although it is not passing historical information like the article mentions, it is art that introduces an idea, an idea of a story, character, and plot.
Comments
Post a Comment